Saturday, June 08, 2024

Short Film: Dracula & Lucy



A short while ago I featured a crowdsourcing article for a film to be called City of Bats. Very recently I received an email from Giovanni Produzione saying:
 

vampire Lucy

Hello, I´m a long time reader for the blog and a big fan. A few years ago I contacted you about a developing Dracula project and you were gracious enough to feature the crowdfunding campaign on your blog. The campaign was not successful, but we moved forward with production with our limited resources. The production was never finished, only being able to shoot about 20% of the film. However. after a few years we have made an edit out of the shot material which attempts to craft a cohesive short film (to arguable success). Due to the help received, we have placed a special thanks credit for your blog”.

Javier Vidal as Dracula

I think it’s great that they tried their best to complete the project and, at the very least, managed to salvage a short film out of the footage. My thanks for letting me know and I am so very touched that you gave a thanks to this blog in the credits – that put a big old smile on my face. The film itself is a modern city retelling of Dracula particularly concentrating on Dracula (Javier Vidal) and Lucy (Zoe Munera). The film was created by Gio Tavares and clocks in at just under 23-minutes.

No comments: