Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Another short break

Okay guys… we’re taking another short break here at Taliesin Meets the Vampires as I head back out to Spain for a few days again. I’ll be flying back Sunday and so expect posts to resume on 6th September. What’s first… who knows but it might be the sequel to the dreadful Red Lips!

In the meantime Zeitghost media have asked me to let you know that Sherrilyn Kenyon’s No Mercy is out on the 7th September. The blurb suggests: Live fast, fight hard and if you have to die then take as many of your enemies with you as you can. That is the Amazon credo and it was one Samia lived and died by. Now in contemporary New Orleans, the immortal Amazon warrior is about to learn that there's a worse evil coming to slaughter mankind than she's ever faced before....."

The trailer looks a little like:




Also, before I go, I know that several friends of the blog are big fans of Carmilla - as am I to be honest.

Well, though you may never forgive me… I stumbled across this and I dedicate it to the Carmilla fans…

4 comments:

Christine said...

Thank you, I´m definitely Carmilla fan! D Now I am just hoping that in all this vampire craze someone would give me well-made, well-photographed Carmilla adaptation with Gothic trappings. AND - dumdi dum - why not adapt Theophile Gautier´s Clarimonde, too! (I know THAT never happens, but a girl can dream, can´t she?) BTW, I actually liked The Hunger episode based on Clarimonde.

Taliesin_ttlg said...

I loved the Hunger's Clarimonde - it was just a shame that they removed all the vampire elements!

I agree. A well made full length version, with all the vampire elements intact, would be wonderful...

Zahir Blue said...

Well, you know I'm a "Carmilla" fan. I've even written a treatment for a film based on the novella, kinda/sorta a blend of "The Vampire Lovers" and "Picnic at Hanging Rock." If "End Of The Line" really takes off, who knows...?

This song is silly, though. And you know that.

Hope you have a lovely trip!

Taliesin_ttlg said...

cheers Zahir - and yes, it was silly!