Saturday, March 05, 2016

Ten Years of TMtV: Things to Make you go Hmm


TMtV is Ten Years old today!

I hope you have enjoyed our little celebration. I’d like to thank those who have been involved, Dave Copsey for the artwork, Jean-Marc Lofficier for the interview and the four guest bloggers; Paul Wakefield, David MacDowell Blue, Anthony Hogg and Gabriel InAstra. Of course, it is always fun to look back over the past but now it is time to look forward. What do we have in store in the future?

One thing I am particularly looking forward to with both interest and a wee bit of trepidation is the Vampire Symposium that will be held on the first day of the 2016 Bram Stoker International Film Festival. The trepidation is because I have been asked if I would contribute a 30 minute speaking slot to the proceedings and I have agreed.

As well as that I am well under way with the 2nd edition of the Media Vampire, which is greatly expanded in the 19th Century section.

New films to look forward to include a proposed new part of the Underworld franchise, the UK DVD release of Yakuza Apocalypse and Guy Maddin’s the Forbidden Room – which I understand includes vampire bananas! I am currently watching, and will furnish you with my thoughts on, the Shadowhunters series and we can expect more Penny Dreadful (hopefully with a vampire focus this season), the Strain and From Dusk till Dawn.

I already have a file full of reviews for you all. Look forward to reviews of Adventure Time: Stakes, The Hunted feature film (for those who don’t know, this is from the old web series of the same name), the books 50 Percent Vampire and the Vampire Gaytooth. Other titles I’ll be looking at include Japanese anthology film Kwaidan, a Franco film recommended by blog reader Ville entitled a Virgin among the Living Dead and wacky (but is that necessarily good) Indonesian film Pocong Kesetanan! There is also a review of a film where the vampire is staked by a flaming vampiric chicken – I kid you not.

Releases in the vampire genre may speed up and then slow a little but they never stop and that can only be good for us and bode well for another ten years of Taliesin Meets the Vampires. Normal review posts begin again tomorrow.

No comments: