Thursday, November 17, 2011

Umbrage: the first Vampire – revisited

I reviewed Umbrage some time ago, from a screener, but the UK DVD is now available and I decided it was worth a revisit. Why? Well, for one thing I felt there might have been some editing differences – albeit small ones they might affect the film, which in turn might affect my score.

Honestly, I am not sure if there were any edit changes but it certainly felt tighter than when I first saw the film. There are still issues within there and I stand by a lot of the comments made in the original review. However I found myself feeling that the score I gave the film was a little on the low side. As such I have decided that the score should actually be 6.5 out of 10.

I will also say that Umbrage has proven to be a popular film with regard correspondence, with several people emailing me with questions about the film prior to its distributed release. This had, I feel, mush to do with Doug Bradley’s presence in film and I do hope those correspondents have now had chance to see the film and hope they enjoyed the experience.

No comments: