Friday, March 20, 2009

New Film: Bonnie and Clyde Vs Dracula

It seems it was just the other day that I was talking to a friend, Ian, about the truth behind Bonnie and Clyde. He was explaining how they outgunned local law enforcement and their cars out-powered them.

I believe it came out of a discussion about icons – and the strangeness of what is chosen as an icon. Certainly the posed photos of Bonnie and Clyde found by the cops propelled them to a culturally iconic place that belied exactly what they were.

Then I noticed this, a dose of weirdness – if the trailer is anything to go by – with Bonnie and Clyde up against another cultural icon – Dracula. Will it work? Time will tell but my normal scepticism when I see the word versus in a title has been slightly calmed by the fact that the trailer looks more professional than I would have expected.

The film has a homepage here.

4 comments:

Uranium Willy said...

The Arthur Penn Bonnie and Clyde film with Warren Beatty and Faye Dunaway is one of my favorite movies of all time. I just watched it again a month or two back. I can't help but wonder about this one. It looks like it will really be chessy and corny but if I see it I think I will give it a go.

Anonymous said...

"Inspired by true events"?

I cannot wait! Another gangster vampire crossover like From Dusk Till Dawn.

Taliesin_ttlg said...

Cheers guys.

I think 'inspired by true events' is very loose here and only refers to the fact that there was a boonie and clyde.

Anthony Hogg said...

Or quite possibly a piss-take of the whole notion of the "inspired by true events" genre! :P