Friday, December 12, 2008

Vamp or not? Blood Orgy of the She Devils


A very swift ‘Vamp or Not?’ with this, to be honest. It is one that I doubt would have even registered as a potential except that it had an alternate name of “Female Plasma Suckers” and it is actually listed over at Vampyres Online. I have used the cover of Female Plasma Suckers as it is a fine moment in false advertising as, to be honest, it isn’t worth going through this movie on a blow by blow level because there isn’t anything even remotely vampire like in the film.

That is until the last few minutes when black witch Mara (lila Zaborin) tries to escape her fate by becoming an animal. Earlier in the film she had been shot and either transferred her spirit into a cat or turned into a cat – it wasn’t clear. This time she became a bat. Of course, since Dracula, turning into a bat has been a genre staple and turning into a cat was part of Carmilla. In this, said bat is speared and thrown into a fire, releasing Mara's spirit, but there was no evidence that this was anything other than witchcraft. Strangely Ted V Mikels, the director, would make a loose sequel to this 1972 movie as late as 2004. Really not vamp, and in desperate need of being removed from filmographies. The imdb page is here.

2 comments:

Bill Dan Courtney said...

Tal

You really watch about anything there is related to vamps. I have to give you credit, you are a brave man. this actually looks like something I might watch late, late at night to veg out and pass out.

I decided to kill off my "son of the Uranium Cafe" blog, and have begun a new project formed from the seeds of that one. it is Necrotic Cinema at

http://necrotic-cinema.blogspot.com/

and is a project i have wanted to start for a while, for newer films, and mostly all American and European. Strictly horror and gore stuff.

Is just taking off and I have been neglecting the UCafe,where the themes are all over the place, but I never felt new horror stuff belonged there.

I think this site will be a keeper, whereas Son was actually a test site for practicing HTML.

See ya mate
Bill

Taliesin_ttlg said...

Bill, I am a glutton for punishment! Either that or I'm ever so slightly OCD! (thinking about it that's a trait vampires were traditionally meant to have!)

cheers for letting me know about the new place, I'l be sure to check it out.