Sunday, July 13, 2008

Web Comic – Dracula’s Guest and 'related' movie news

Visible Light Entertainment have made a comic of Bram Stoker’s Dracula’s Guest available for free. The plates are a little small but, hey it’s free!

In related news (in terms of subject), August sees the release (US) of the film Bram Stoker’s Dracula’s Guest. The stills I’ve seen look quite sumptuous but, before you get all excited, from what I have read this film is not Dracula’s Guest.

Staring Wes Ramsey as Bram Stoker, it seems to see Stoker himself battling the Count (Andrew Bryniarski) in order to save his love Elizabeth (Kelsey McCann).

Having got over the initial disappointment of it not being Dracula’s Guest – as in the Stoker penned short story/deleted Dracula chapter – we are left with the question, “Will it be any good?” Time, as they say, will tell and I will certainly give you my thoughts once I have had opportunity to view the film.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Tal-Chick-Gilligan

In case something weird happens to my site I will doing something here I dread.

I am finally switching the account ownership from my friend who set it up for to myself. The domain name stays the same, but I will have to flip all the FTP stuff and data from his host account to mine. Damn...

I hope all my widgets and pic galleries adn new youtube display stay the same.

I am so nervous about losing the data on the posts that I spent all night backing up the code to each post, so if the data transfer fails I can manually reload each post one by one. I do not know if this will affect my categories and comment history, but if I loose 2% I am live with that.

My site may be blank or something for a while, I dunno. lets hope by the weekend I am back to normal. Or my site is back to normal anyway.

See you soon... I Hope :(

Anonymous said...

I'm watching the film right now on watch-movies.net

The fact that I've paused the film to make this comment might indicate how gripping it is not.

Not only is the plot a shambles, but there's hammy acting to boot.

The only good thing I can say about the film is that Dracula finally has his moustache back.

This is right up there with 'Never Cry Werewolf'

Anonymous said...

This is right up there with 'Never Cry Werewolf'

I take that back. Never Cry Werewolf was a cinematic masterpiece compared to this movie. It is truly awful.

Taliesin_ttlg said...

aediles, sad news but thanks for the heads up

Anonymous said...

I would still recommend you watch it (it's viewable free on watch-movies.net). Its awfulness is such that it has to be seen to be believed!

Taliesin_ttlg said...

aediles - there has only been one vampire movie - so far - that defeated me, Geek Maggot Bingo!