Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Defeat and Elation


Defeat: I have, to be fair, watched some real rubbish for the sake of Taliesin Meets the Vampires. This is balanced out by the gems I find. Never before, however, has a film defeated me. Never has one been so bad that I turned it off. Meet Geek Maggot Bingo.

Really; cardboard painted sets (and props), a set of performances steeped in histrionics in a way that would make a school play look like a West End production. Compared to this Ed Wood films seem like Oscar winners and Mexican Wrestling Movies appear to be Shakespeare. I think I lasted 15 minutes. No review, as I didn’t get through it (I didn’t even get to the vampire). Bad.

Elation: On the other hand I noticed that MySpace TV had the trailer for the new Hammer film Beyond the Rave. I’m not afraid to admit that when the word Hammer appeared my heart leapt. Hopefully that elation won’t be let down by the finished product.

On DVD @ Amazon US

On DVD @ Amazon UK

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

New. Hammer. Vampire. Movie.


I love those words.

The trailer looks great. You can say I'm pretty excited for this.

Taliesin_ttlg said...

Swish, me too... its difficult to be cautious...

BTW, if you don't have one then consider a MySpace account. The film will be initially released in bite-size chunks on MySpace - unknown at this point whether it will be accessible without an account. Beats waiting for the DVD.

The MooCow said...

Nick Zed strikes again!
;=8)

Taliesin_ttlg said...

he did indeed