Monday, November 19, 2007

Naschy News

Information on some Paul Naschy projects has come to light. A while ago I mentioned the short film version, he was involved with, of Polidori’s The Vampyre. The full film, Spanish language only, can be viewed over at the film’s blog. Given the artwork flying around, it seems a DVD is likely, which hopefully will be subtitled for the international market.

I also read about a project he is involved in called Empusa. The basis seems to be that this “is a supernatural story of seamen, fishermen, ships, and a seagull who happens to be a vampire/witch woman. "I sincerely believe that this is the best script I have written in my career," states Naschy.” Not only did he write the script but he is directing. Info came from The Mark of Naschy and more information can be found at Fangoria.

2 comments:

Taliesin_ttlg said...

The following comment was recieved by antonio curado. I have deleted the original as it had his email address on, to prevent spamming:

Hello Andrew, I,m Antonio, The Vampyre's Director. There's no problem with you writing in english. I'm not Shelley but I can read it well, write it, not too well, and talk it, pretty bad, I think. If you want that I answer all your curiosities about our short movie, write me a mail. By the way, there's actually a DVD with even english (and french) subtitles, but it's not commercially available. I have send it to a few friends in USA and Canada that were very interested like you. So, if you want, give me your address and I'll post it to you as soon as I can. And one interesting new: the BCI staff, who is publishing in USA the Naschy movies, is interested in including the film in the 'Human Beasts' release, with subtitles, of course, as an extra. I'm waiting for his last word about it. Best.

P.S. Andrew, I'm latin teacher, so, it isn't Concilium Sanguinarius but Sanguinarium... (unless you want to say "Bloddier assembly"...)

Taliesin_ttlg said...

Antonio

Many thanks for the comment. I have emailed you.

Also, thanks for the correction, it is appreciated.