Sunday, January 21, 2007

A couple of triple sets

I do like multi-sets of movies and, after noticing how dismal the online January sales were, I ordered a couple.

Vampire triple feature DVD setThe first is still on route but looks like being fun. The “Vampire Triple Feature” has three films. Central Park Drifter was one that I already had under its UK title “Graveyard Shift” – not everyone’s cup of tea but I quite like it – but will that opinion hold when I re-watch it with my review hat on? The other two are both fairly modern Jean Rollin films. "Two Orphan Vampires" I’ve seen once before on TV but "Fiancée of Dracula" is a whole new one on me.

This is why I like this multi-sets, the set cost the same as either one of the two films I didn’t already have on its own.

Troma Triple B Header - tainted vampiresWhilst I wait for that to arrive I have the other set to go through. Now, regular readers may have noticed that we have had a rash of good scoring movies recently. Probably down to the fact that many of the recently reviewed films are ones that are favourites that have been in my collection for a while. With the other set I expect that we are going to see a drop in scores.

The Troma Tainted Vampires Collection contains the films "Tainted", "Sucker the Vampire" and "Rockabilly Vampire" – three films I’ve not had the ‘pleasure’ of before now, but they are Troma so we are straying into either B Movie Heaven or Hell.

So stay tuned to Taliesin Meets the Vampires as we set forth on another odyssey of discovery within the murky, and yet perversely satisfying, realm of Vampire movies.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ahh, I was starting to think the good reviews were because you had merely gone soft. I don't know how you can stomach many of these multiset straight-to-video releases, but kudos to you for doing it, so we don't have to.

Taliesin_ttlg said...

Hi Mateo

I actually do kind of like searching through the lowest of the low of vampire films - hoping to find the diamond in the rough. I guess its my masochistic side!

That said, soft, me... lol. Some times I guess I just crave to watch he more quality end of things for a while!