Monday, October 07, 2019

Vampz!: Revisited

It feels a little strange revisiting a film that, according to IMDb was released in 2019 but that is because the Ramsey Attia vehicle started life as a free to watch web serial in 2012 and I originally looked at that here.

The thing is, there hasn’t really been anything done with the serial. It has been spliced together in Chapters (rather than episodes) and has not had any reshoots or additional scenes as far as I can tell. As hard-earned cash is now being asked for it, I suppose I should score it but instead I have decided to let the original Honourable mention stand with all its pluses and minuses.

Christal Renee as Ashlee
The main change is that there is a filter applied to the film. To be honest I don’t think it looks as good as it did with its cleaner finish – I can see what they were reaching for but the photography is now a little too dark, details are perhaps lost but it is an aesthetic call – just not one I’d make.

So, if you are looking at this be aware of its origin and be aware that it isn’t really a ‘new’ 2019 film.

The new imdb page is here.

On DVD @ Amazon US

On DVD @ Amazon UK

No comments: