Thursday, December 31, 2009

New Years Eve Bollywood Madness

As a treat, for New Years Eve, I’m bringing you not one but two Bollywood movies – not reviews as there are only Hindi versions out there and I don’t speak Hindi but both films are on YouTube, split into parts, and so I’ll post the first part of each… The first is Shaitani Dracula (2006) which was directed, written, and produced by Harinam Singh.

This one is absolutely mad, with a bizarre looking Dracula who occasionally wears cheap Halloween plastic fangs and I don’t think you need subtitles – just sit back and take in the weirdness. Disappointingly there are no real song and dance routines.

That is not the case with our second film. Forget Universal’s Son of Dracula and the Son of Dracula which was the Nilsson vehicle. Only the Saleem Suma directed Son of Dracula has the son of Dracula created as a papier mache puppet.

The first part of each is embedded below:



Shaitani Dracula:



Son of Dracula:

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh.Like.Wow. I'm speechless. Now I really have seen it all.

Happy New Year's to you, Taliesin! Wishing you health and happiness in 2010!

Taliesin_ttlg said...

lol - remember to watch through the other parts on YouTube.

Personally I'd like to see someone subtitle these in English, so I can have a proper watch.

All the best to you Nicole

eSa said...

I knew knew Bollywood has dracula movies until i saw them on your blog! lol-good fun though. TQ for sharing:)

Taliesin_ttlg said...

no probs eSa